Remedial Massage is the assessment and treatment of dysfunction in the body, involving the muscles, tendons and connective tissue. A variety of massage and stretching techniques are used to increase muscle flexibility and joint mobility while decreasing pain by removing adhesions, scar tissue, damaged cells and blockages.
My style of Remedial Massage is aimed at releasing the muscular and fascial connections of the body that cause pain and discomfort. This is done through Deep Tissue Massage, Trigger Pointing, Muscle Energy Techniques and Myofascial Release.This type of massage will increase muscle flexibility and joint mobility while decreasing pain by removing adhesions, scar tissue, damaged cells and blockages.
Remedial Massage can be used to help a variety of problems including:
- Sports injuries
- Back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Chronic pain
- Decreasing blood pressure
How Remedial Massage Helps:
• Increases circulation and blood flow from the arms and legs
• Improves recovery time after strenuous activity by flushing the tissue of metabolic wastes
• Helps stretch the ligaments and tendons, keeping them subtle and young
• Stimulates the skin and nervous system
• Reduces stress both emotional and physical (by decreasing the stress hormones Cortisol, Adrenalin and Norepinephrine while increasing Serotonin and Dopamine levels), and is suggested in a regular program for stress management.